Youth Development Officer Cover Letter
Nonprofit correspondence samples
See sample cover letters and thank-you notes that are appropriate to send to nonprofit employers.
Make contact with these nonprofit cover letter samples.
Need examples for how to correspond with a contact in the nonprofit sector? Check out these sample cover letters and sample interview thank-you notes (in PDF format) from Jobs and Careers with Non-Profit Organizations by Ron and Caryl Krannich.
And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a cover letter and resume that can get you noticed by nonprofit organizations.
Are you looking for a job at a nonprofit? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five versions of your resume and cover letter. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill the top openings at nonprofit organizations with excellent candidates just like you.
Youth Worker Cover Letter
Youth Workers support people aged 11 to 25 and help them reach their full potential by pursuing social, personal, and educational development opportunities. Typical employers of Youth Workers are schools, colleges, youth centers, and faith-based organizations. Examples of Youth Worker responsibilities include: delivering programs for young people, running activities, performing outreach work to meet young people, collaborating with other organizations, encouraging social inclusion, and promoting young people’s interests.
Examples of Youth Worker cover letters put emphasis on the following skills and abilities:
- Commitment to young people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Tact and sensitivity
- Respect for confidentiality
- Flexibility and the willingness to try new things
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Responsibility and integrity
Comparable Youth Worker qualifications are available in the cover letter sample provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Youth Worker Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Sommer:
If you are looking for an engaging, motivated, and personable individual to fulfill your available Youth Worker position, I urge you to review my enclosed resume and credentials. My previous excellent experience in program coordination and youth leadership give me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization in this role.
My background combines a solid blend of experience working directly with youths in need along with a highly accomplished academic record achieved from the University of Vermont upon receipt of my Bachelor’s degree in Sociology. My skill set gained through my youth work with the Burlington YMCA has afforded me the opportunity to acquire valuable knowledge of social service programs, child and family support, and operational coordination. My communication strengths and ability to connect with children of all ages and establish trusting relationships position me to thrive in this challenging field.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling as a Coordinator for the after-school program for low-income, marginalized students at the Burlington YMCA, engaging students in 3rd through 8th grade in social and recreation activities fostering health, empowerment, and wellbeing.
- Co-facilitating daily programs while coordinating the behind-the-scenes efforts including scheduling, transportation, snacks, materials, and field trips.
- Gaining a reputation among peers and youth for outstanding interpersonal skills and overall enthusiasm; often cited as the most popular group leader among the students.
- Volunteering in various youth-facing capacities over the past eight years, including programs through community centers, sports, and churches.
- Demonstrating outstanding leadership and organization skills as well as the ability to motivate and lead goal-focused teams.
With my previous related experience and education, complemented by my dedication to supporting and guiding youths from all walks of life, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position further would be very appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.
Joy L. Buckner