Need Environmental Protection Essay
The need of protecting the environment especially in today’s time has become a basic living need. Today, when we look at our surroundings, what we see is buildings, cars, multiplexes etc. The human needs are limitless and when it comes to urbanisation, they are never satisfied. We as humans compromise the nature according to our convenience. But, we often forget about the role that the environment plays in our lives. The green environment that we live in consists of air, water, sunlight, trees etc. Everything that the environment consists of is important to us. The humans have become the inhabitants of two worlds. The first is the one which is natural i.e. it contains trees, water, animals, soil etc. and the second one is the man-made world which includes urbanisation, social institutions, social media etc.
Causes Of Environmental Disruption
There are many reasons which affect the environment, given below are some of them-
Deforestation is perhaps the most vital cause of environmental disruption. It is the process of clearing the trees and forests in a large number. Through photosynthesis, the trees help removing carbon dioxide from the environment hence, if the photosynthetic activity will decline from the atmosphere there will be a massive rise in the levels of carbon dioxide. Forests have a huge amount of organic carbon which is released in the form of carbon dioxide when they are burnt giving an enormous harmful atmospheric change. Deforestation not only harms the climate, but the soil as well. Too much cutting down of trees adds in making the soil barren and losing its productivity. It also adds in the extinction of many animal species. There are many factors which cause deforestation, some of them are-
Farmers are instructed to cut more forests in order to vacate land so that they can get more land for farming and grazing herds. The process of cutting and burning of trees for agriculture is known as slash and burn agriculture.
Forests are also cleared for getting products out of them. Some forest products such as food, medicines, fodder, cosmetics and perfumes, furniture, paper, construction materials etc.
A huge amount of forests are cleared every year for constructions. The construction can be of residential buildings, multiplexes, offices etc.
Pollution is the state where harmful contaminants are introduced in the air, soil and water. These contaminants have harmful toxins which are capable of harming living bodies. The elderly, ailed and children are the most easily affected by pollution. There are three basic types of pollution affecting our environment.
a.) Air Pollution:
Air pollution is where the harmful toxins and chemicals contaminatethe air. Examples- Harmful gases from vehicles, factories, tobaccos etc.
b.) Water Pollution:
Water pollution is the state of reduction in the quality of water. Waste from factories, households, industries is fused in the water causing the water to pollute.
c.) Soil Pollution:
With the rapid urbanisation, the buildings have occupied most of the land especially in cities. Example-The construction materials of buildings contain harmful chemicals which adds negative changes to the soil.
The human over population is one of the main causes affecting the environment, the main affect being scarce resources which leads to other major problems. When population is huge in number, the consumption would also be enormous, resulting in the scarcity of resources like food, water, shelter etc.
Ways To Save Nature And Protect The Environment
How can we protect our environment? Let’s find out
- Switch off the lights, fans, televisions and other electronics when not in use.
- Opt for carpooling.
- Do not use poly bags and start using canvas bags.
- Use buckets and mugs for washing cars.
- Fix the leaky faucets.
- Do not buy everyday stuff more than required.
- Do not waste food.
- Use white vinegar and baking soda for household cleaning.
- Save as much paper as you can.
- Buy vegetables from local vendors.
- Plant as much trees as you can.
- Implant a kitchen garden so that the water or starch that you drain can reach the plants. Starch work as a great fertilizer for the plants as well.
- Turn off the faucets when you are brushing, shaving or washing your hands.
- Teach the children the environmental protection importance.
Protecting the environment is one of our most humane responsibilities. Because we are the ones making the most use of it but the use is turning into exploitation with the growing time which needs our immediate positive attention. It is time to take a step forward in making a green environment. Making a sudden and effective change is difficult, but we can incorporate some nature friendly habits in ourselves, in our close ones and most importantly in the children.
Have you ever imagined an environment that is not green, full of waste, and unclean? Preserving and protecting our environment is one of the main goals of the government of every country in the world. A country when we can see an environment that is green, waste less and clean is surely a successful country. To have this, these are the ways:
• Recycle as many things as you can. Recycling things is the best way to lessen and avoid global warming and climate change.
• Avoid burning garbage to lessen global warming. Learn to sell and recycle things to be practical nowadays.
• Refrain from using air conditioner. Instead use electric fans than aircon. Aircondition has chlorofluorocarbon.
• Plant vegetable on your own backyard. This will help you to prevent using cars to go to the market. This will also help in lessening air pollution.
• Don't throw trashes everywhere. This will help in lessening pollutions in air, water, and land.
• Use hair gels than hairsprays or aerosols. Hair sprays or aerosols have CFC or chlorofluorocarbons.
• Plant trees. These also help in lessening the air pollutions. This gives us oxygen that we breathe.
• Turn off unused electric appliances. These will lessen the energy conserve and avoid global warming.
• Avoid using Liquefied Petroleum Gas. Instead use LPG has more chlorofluorocarbon than using charcoal. Charcoal is also much cheaper than LPG.
• Avoid using cars if it is just a short distance trip. It is a bad cause of the global warming and climate change.
• Avoid throwing chemicals in different places. This can cause pollutions like air pollutions, water pollutions and land pollution.
If these were obeyed and observed in each of us. This worst problem will become not that worst at all. These climate change and global warming will be lessened and will not affect us not that worst. Even Millennium Development Goals would be promoted and be achieved. On your own work and deeds ........... Can you do these?