Research Paper Topics Education Issues In California
Some say the most difficult part of writing a text – is to start. But topic selection even precedes this starting point. This activity takes off a lot of time, and sometimes imagination just doesn’t work in your favor. That’s where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy. We collected the most unhacked and powerful ideas to turn the average piece of writing into a compelling research paper. Discover how to choose suitable and interesting research topics with our help.
Start With Observing Your Interests
If you are confused with a variety of interesting topics to research on the Internet, it’s better to decide what interests you the most. Don’t stick to easy research paper topics just to complete the task fast. If you are allowed to freely choose what to write on your own, use the opportunity to create something unique. Write down the list of your interests and break down every idea into small certain topics. When you have a list in front of your eyes, it will be easier to make up your mind and start considering a particular issue.
Then you should examine what aspect of the topic is preferable for you to outline in your research paper. A list will save you here again. Use pros/cons template to include all the arguments and objections to the issues.
Check the Info
If a topic is a backbone of your paper, then information is its essential body element. Before settling on the research topic ideas, you have to make sure there is enough information for you to model the main body of your paper. It is recommended to use textbooks (both online and offline), articles and other sources that deal with scientific explanations and review your topic from the most debatable side. Especially if you decided to stop on controversial topics for research papers, you should prepare in advance and look up for the strong arguments to support your thesis.
Our experts carefully developed unique research paper ideas to equip you with good research topics and ease your writing procedure entirely!
Research Paper Topics on Medicine
- Is life-sustaining therapy needed when it’s futile?
- The role of placebo treatment
- How to avoid animal testing?
- Pros and contras of medical marijuana
- Is cow milk healthy?
- Is being a vegetarian useful for child’s health?
- How obesity affects our health?
- Vaccines for kids: their usefulness or damage
- Should prescription drugs be advertised directly to consumers?
- Do doctors turn their patients into drug addicts?
Research Paper Topics on Education
- How can standardized tests improve education?
- Does college graduates make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children
- Social networking and school
- Metal detectors at schools
- The effects of contemporary teaching methods
- The role of technology in lesson planning
- How to manage bullies and take actions against bullying at education institutions?
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- How to reduce global warming?
- How to stop wasting paper and save trees?
- Can overpopulation be managed?
- Should more films about environmental issues be produced?
- Human impacts on forests
- Underground effects of earthquakes
- How to elaborate optimal adaptation of buildings threatened by hurricanes?
- Is it possible to predict hurricane impacts?
- Is nuclear power safe for humans?
- How dangerous is GMO food?
Research Paper Topics on Entertainment and Sport
- Are social networks good for our society?
- Do violent video games make kids angry and cruel?
- Is it necessary to forbid using animals for entertainment?
- Do beauty contests set the non-achievable beauty standards?
- Are newspapers going to be replaced by online sources of information?
- How gaming consoles influence the youth?
- Should women be allowed to compete against men?
- What television programs should be banned?
- How tv shows impose fake moral standards?
- Can the use of social media, such as Facebook, lower teens’ self-esteem?
Research Paper Topics on Politics
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Should adults have the right to carry a concealed handgun?
- More gun control laws should be enacted
- How can the international community prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?
- How can ethnic killings be stopped?
- Current prospect for peace between Israel and the Palestinians
- What world would be like without wars?
- How to avoid workforce reduction?
- Should the death penalty be allowed?
- Is socialism possible?
Research Paper Topics on Psychology
- Is autism a disease or a development idiosyncrasy?
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns?
- How to manage child violence?
- How to deal with a mental breakdown?
- The impact of classical music on the work of brain
- How insomnia affects our health?
- How bad dreams influence our mood?
- Is stress really harmful?
- How depression impacts the immune system?
- Intellectually gifted people: how is it possible?
Research Paper Topics on Science and Technologies
- How is light being used to treat cancer and other diseases?
- What is the current evidence that Mars has had water and maybe life?
- Can nanomedicine potentially extend the human lifespan?
- What is the future of computing and artificial intelligence?
- The role cryogenics may play in future.
- Can alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels?
- Is it beneficial for wild animals to have interactions with people?
- What evidence do we have that CMB is the result of the big bang?
- How will self-driving cars change the way people live?
- Can using system like bitcoin help protect identity theft?
Research Paper Topics on Culture
- A new comprehension of past events
- The origin of racial discrimination
- The roots of antisemitism
- The impact of advertisements and commercials on modern art
- The most remarkable cultural achievements of the 20th century and their influence on our society
- Cultural revolutions throughout history
- How pop culture trends influence youth?
- Should pregnant celebrities be exposed on magazine’s covers?
- Why was Greek cultural influence so important for the ancient Mediterranean world?
- Why was the Victorian period a time of cultural change?
Research Paper Topics on Math
- The influence of algorithms
- Is it possible to build a winning monopoly strategy?
- Why is 'x' the unknown?
- How math changed the world?
- What's solution to the McDonald's math problem?
- How do math geniuses understand extremely hard math concepts so quickly?
- Should high school math contests be banned?
- What is the relationship between music and math?
- Are math formulas ever used in real life?
- What are some of the most confusing math problems ever?
Research Paper Topics on Business
- How do dirty business tactics work?
- Can business be started without money?
- Notorious business leaders
- Entrepreneurship and family business
- Ethical decision making in everyday work situations
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- Is it worth it to expand the business into a new region or country?
- How to build a successful startup
- The role of international business and sustainable development
- The impact of climate change on international business strategies
Providing background information in the introduction of a research paper serves as a bridge that links the reader to the topic of your study. Precisely how long and in-depth this bridge should be is largely dependent upon how much information you think the reader will need to know in order to fully understand the topic being discussed and to appreciate why the issues you are investigating are important.
From another perspective, the length and detail of background information also depends on the degree to which you need to demonstrate to your professor how much you understand the research problem. Keep this in mind because providing pertinent background information can be an effective way to demonstrate that you have a clear grasp of key issues and concepts underpinning your overall study. Don't try to show off, though! And, avoid stating the obvious.
The structure and writing style of your background information can vary depending upon the complexity of your research and/or the nature of the assignment. Given this, here are some questions to consider while writing this part of your introduction:
- Are there concepts, terms, theories, or ideas that may be unfamiliar to the reader and, thus, require additional explanation?
- Are there historical elements that need to be explored in order to provide needed context, to highlight specific people, issues, or events, or to lay a foundation for understanding the emergence of a current issue or event?
- Are there theories, concepts, or ideas borrowed from other disciplines or academic traditions that may be unfamiliar to the reader and therefore require further explanation?
- Is the research study unusual in a way that requires additional explanation, such as, 1) your study uses a method of analysis never applied before; 2) your study investigates a very esoteric or complex research problem; or, 3) your study relies upon analyzing unique texts or documents, such as, archival materials or primary documents like diaries or personal letters that do not represent the established body of source literature on the topic.
Almost all introductions to a research problem require some contextualizing, but the scope and breadth of background information varies depending on your assumption about the reader's level of prior knowledge. Despite this assessment, however, background information should be brief and succinct; save any elaboration of critical points or in-depth discussion of key issues for the literature review section of your paper.
Background of the Problem Section: What do you Need to Consider? Anonymous. Harvard University; Hopkins, Will G. How to Write a Research Paper. SPORTSCIENCE, Perspectives/Research Resources. Department of Physiology and School of Physical Education, University of Otago, 1999; Green, L. H. How to Write the Background/Introduction Section. Physics 499 Powerpoint slides. University of Illinois; Woodall, W. Gill. Writing the Background and Significance Section. Senior Research Scientist and Professor of Communication. Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions. University of New Mexico.